Last week I was given my very first Blogger Award! Staci from CraftyStaci was so very kind and passed the award on to me. I just met Staci last week. She was the one I talked about in this post about the Etsy shop for charity. Like I said, this is the very first award I've received and I am super excited about it!
There are two rules for this award. First, I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself. I don't consider myself that interesting, but I'll give it a shot! I decided on a list of things that you probably did not know about me, and never would have guessed. Those are always fun ;-)
1. I am very opinionated. Like super-duper over-the-top stubborn.. When I think someone is doing something wrong/immoral/unethical I get so incredibly pissed off. Usually I don't outwardly react on those feelings though. I just vent on Facebook or something and move on with my life.
2. I love nature, but I am totally NOT a tree-hugger. Yes I recycle, I live in Oregon for goodness sakes. If you throw a pop can away you're likely to be taken down at gunpoint haha. But I do not wear peace signs, protest logging, or shop for organic products. I love to go on hikes, I love to feel the fresh clean air, and I love to photograph the beauty of it all.
3. I drove a big lifted redneck truck in high school. I worked on it with my Dad, and I love that truck to death. It is so very much NOT eco-friendly, politically correct, or practical. But it was fun to drive, loud, and powerful. No one ever cut me off, tailgated me, or brake checked me. No one ever treated me like some 'stupid girl' either when I was driving that.
4. I grew up a HUGE tomboy. My Dad was always working on a car in the garage, and I was always hanging over him, pointing to stuff, asking "What's that? What does it do? Why is it broken?" My oh-so-patient Dad spent the whole evening explaining everything to me, and I soaked it up like a sponge. I now run the front counter of the family auto repair shop with him, and I love it.
5. I went hunting with my Dad every fall. Yes I killed Bambi's mom. Don't hate me. My parents raised me to respect animals of every shape and size, and we were always grateful for the ability to feed ourselves this way. We did everything 100% legally, and we used every inch of the animal that we could. We were not some violent trophy hunters looking for the biggest rack to show off. We were just looking for some healthy meat to feed ourselves.
6. I was also raised very religious. I'm Mormon. It has been a struggle for me growing up. Being in a small town, I was often the only Mormon in my class. We are quite easily one of the most misunderstood religions, and it hurts me to see how harsh people can be. I've been called every name in the book. I've been accused of worshiping Satan. I've been told I'm not a Christian, and I'm going to Hell. I've been asked if I have horns, and believe in an underwater castle. I even had someone throw a bible at me and scream "Devil Worshiper!" I hold no animosity towards any of these people though. And I love to answer any questions anyone has about my religion. I am not trying to convert anyone. I just want people to understand that we're not as weird as you think we are.
7. I am not the crazy over-the-top conservative that you probably think I am. I do not make my opinions based on my parents' opinions or my religion. I do think for myself. I absolutely hate it when someone makes an assumption about me, based on a few simple facts. I love to dress up and do my makeup, even though I drive a big truck. I do love animals, even though I hunt. I do have gay/lesbian friends, even though I am Mormon. I strongly believe that you cannot judge a book by it's cover. And I believe even more strongly that passing judgement on someone is one of the biggest sins you can commit. I choose to believe what I do, and you have the right to do the same.
Now for the second part! I am supposed to pass this award on to 15 other bloggers..
1. Amy @ Lots of Pink Here!
2. Jodi @ Pleasant Home
3. Karen @ Karen Thompson Design Studio
4. Serena @ Farm Chicks
5. Ashley @ After Nine to Five
6. Ashley @ Under Those Neon Lights
7. Angie @ Oh, How Delightful!
8. Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts
9. Vanessa @ V and Co.
10. Adrienne @ Right Here, Right Now!
11. Halsey @ Spunky Junky
12. Ashley @ The Shine Project
13. Stephanie @ Somewhat Simple
14. Maria and Michelle @ From the Same Nest
15. Virginia @ Gingercake
Thanks again to Staci @ Crafty Staci for sharing this award!!!