Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crocheted Baby Gifts from Mom

I've mentioned that I inherited my sewing capabilities from my Mom. Well what I didn't get from her is the ability to crochet. I've tried to learn a couple times, and it's just not my cup of tea. My mom, however, has this amazing natural talent. It's like she was born with a crochet hook or something. She is always working on a crocheted baby blanket for someone we know. Usually someone from church. There is always someone pregnant there ;-)

So when she found out that she was going to be a Grandma, she got right to work making all sorts of gifts. This little one is going to be spoiled rotten! I thought I would share some of them with you gals. She amazes me every day at the things she is able to whip up.

This first one is an adorable set of booties and the tiniest little crocheted hat. I love the little flower! It's the perfect touch, don't you think? She also made a matching set of black booties in a slightly larger size. I can't wait to see what they look like with a pair of tiny white socks.


Today she surprised me at work with this adorable little sweater. I absolutely love it! She must have been listening when I talked about how we didn't have any newborn size jackets.. The detail in the pattern is so cute and feminine, I love it!
She also made some super cute beanies. I found a pattern on Etsy for this incredibly adorable owl beanie. They are all over on Etsy, and so stinkin' cute! I knew I absolutely had to have one for her newborn pictures. I bought the pattern and asked (aka begged) my Mom to make one for me. The whipped up this purple one that same night as a 'sizing sample.' And she finished the actual owl hat the very next day. It's so cute I can't stand it!!!!

And of course, she made a couple blankets as well. This first one was one of my baby shower gifts. It's nice and heavy. I love it. Our little girl is going to be so toasty warm in this!! I can't wait to wrap her up in it. The second one is very special. It's her blessing (aka Christening) blanket. This one will definitely be a special heirloom piece. It's much more delicate, and absolutely stunning. I love the pattern she chose.


So there you have it! I little peak into the kind of talent I was raised with. ;-) Love ya Mom!!! You're going to be one of the best Grandmas ever!!

2 comments:

Sylvia N. said...

Wow! Grammy has been busy! I think I can be a quick crochet, but your mom puts me to shame! What a great support system you have in both of your parents!

Baby Gifts said...

These are amazing gifts,It looks so gorgeous i was so happy to see this.