Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Bag


I made a new bag the other day. My purse has been feeling too big, and I know when I'm carrying around a diaper bag, I'm going to want a smaller purse. So I've been on the lookout for the "right one." I thought I found it, but it was $60, and I'm just not spending that much money on something that I will get bored with in a few months.

So I decided it was time to make one. I found this fabric and instantly fell in love. I absolutely LOVE these colors. And the prints? So gorgeous. Then I saw that it was 30% off, and grabbed it. I started searching for patterns when I got home, and I found this freebie at Very Purple Person. Not only was it super easy, and she gave fabulous step-by-step directions.. it was FREE!! Everyone loves free =D Bonus? It's completely reversible. I whipped this bag up in about 2 hours.

Option #1 (My Favorite)

Option #2
The next day, I decided that it was missing something. I made a fabric flower and stitched it on. Perfect! Unfortunately, this makes me lose the "reversible" factor. I guess I could put the flower on a pin, so I could switch it. BUT I like this fabric so much, I doubt I will ever turn it to the other side anyway. Haha.

4 comments:

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

So cute i love it. What an awesome diaper bag. I like option #2 the best but really it's all beautiful. Wish I knew how to sow.


Write it in Lipstick

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

So cute i love it. What an awesome diaper bag. I like option #2 the best but really it's all beautiful. Wish I knew how to sow.


Write it in Lipstick

Teddi said...

think the fabric flower makes it even better. very cute!

Last Minute Mel said...

Love them both, the flower is a great touch :)