Friday, March 18, 2011

My First Trade!

I recently had the joy of participating in my very first trade!! One of my favorite bloggers had been searching for a cute camera strap for her fancy new camera. I've seen hundreds of tutorials for making camera strap covers online, but I've always wanted to make my own strap, instead of a cover. BUT I don't have my own SLR yet.. just a little point-and-shoot.

When I saw her quest, I decided to take the plunge. Heck, the worst she can do is say No, right? Well thankfully, she said Yes!! I was so excited. I did my research and saw how other people were making theirs. I figured, Heck, I can totally do that! I changed the way the strap was assembled, and added some interfacing with my padding. (Two things I had not seen anyone else do yet). My first attempt was a flop.. tossed that one in the scrap bin. Attempt #2 was perfect! I literally almost jumped out of my chair when it was all done.

I'm planning on selling the camera straps in my Etsy store, I just need to round up some more supplies and get to sewing. I'll be posting photos of the camera straps when they are all done and ready to buy.

My main reason for posting though, is that I wanted to show you the beautiful jewelry that I received from her in trade. She knew I had a love for owls, and came up with this collection for me. I'm so incredibly excited! She even made them on a longer chain for me. You can visit her blog, After Nine to Five, and buy her jewelry at her Etsy Shop. This whole trade process was so easy, I definitely plan on doing it again. If you are ever interested in trading, please let me know! Leave me a comment, send me an email, whatever!

No comments: