Monday, February 21, 2011

Lola the Owl @ Gingercake

Lately, I have picked up a little obsession with owls. Not the realistic kind, but the cute cartoon kind. I have found several things to add to my baby room, and it has only fueled the fire. When I stumbled upon these cutie pies at Gingercake, I decided that I had to make them. You can buy the pattern for "Lola the Owl" by clicking here. OR You can buy the pattern for "Max the Owl" by clicking here. Both patterns are only $6 each, and super duper easy! All of the stitching for the pockets, face, and wings, is just a zigzag stitch. No folding and ironing. And it's a simple straight stitch to join the front and back pieces. I whipped these gals out in 30 minutes each. (It actually took longer than that to stuff them, but the sewing was really fast). These two purple girls are gifts for some twins coming into the family soon. I plan on making another one for my little girl, and I'm also going to try making "Max the Owl" too!


No comments: