Friday, January 7, 2011

My Wallets

One of the main purposes of my new blog, is to share my wallets and get some more business for my Etsy shop. I started making these wallets a couple years ago. I was growing increasingly frustrated that I could not find a cute wallet at any of the stores I shop at. Everything was boring, and one solid color. I wanted a cute fun print. So I started searching the web for a pattern. I couldn't find anything that fit my needs perfectly. I'm a picky person. So I started combining several different ideas I had seen, and threw in a few of my own. After about 6 "concept" wallets.. Voila! 



 Handmade clutch style wallet. Velcro closure.

Features:
- Three separate pockets for cash, receipts, and checkbooks.
- One zippered pocket for coins.
- One pen loop
- Ten credit card pockets.
- One transparent ID pocket.

All pockets are fully lined. Made with 100% cotton fabric and fully interfaced. All pieces are carefully topstitched and all seams are reinforced.

I posted a picture on Facebook.. and it only took a couple days before I had friends asking to buy one of my wallets. I had no idea how quickly things would take off. By Christmas, I had made 3 dozen wallets, and I had orders in process for about a dozen more. Eventually, I had to take a break. A few months later, I started things up again with my new Etsy shop.

Click here to go to my shop =]

I had a couple special requests for wallets with additional features. One of my close friends asked for an extra flap with more credit card slots, and an in-law asked for an extra flap with a fourth pocket to fit an extra checkbook. This 'extra flap' was definitely a challenge, but after a couple failures, I got it! These wallets are slightly larger to accommodate the extra contents. They have proven to be more popular than the originals!



I have several plans in mind for new designs. Including: a smaller pocket-sized wallet, a men's wallet, a cosmetic bag, and a checkbook cover. I'll be sure to post them as soon as I have them ready to release!!

No comments: