Sunday, January 30, 2011

Boys and Their Toys

Hubby has been at the Portland Auto Show all weekend. My hobby is sewing, His hobby is RC cars. We're not talking about the RC cars you buy at the toy store. These are serious hobby cars. They build them from the ground up. He buys the frame, shocks, motor, wheels, body, etc. all separately and assembles a totally custom car. The biggest part of the hobby are the rock crawlers. They have competitions with courses and everything. They even get extra points for any accessories that make them more realistic. The RC rock crawlers club that he is part of, had a booth at the auto show this weekend. They were a huge hit with the crowds. He worked the booth with a few other club members, pulling 14 hour shifts, 4 days in a row. I visited him at the show, but I totally forgot to take any pictures. Doh! I even had my camera with me! So instead I snapped a couple photos of one of his RC cars when we got home.

Jan 28

Jan 28

No comments: